Saturday, January 8, 2022

Hacky tip for Illumos

 This seems to be the weekend to do all the virtualizers -so I've installed OpenIndiana (Hipster 2021-10) which can use UEFI boot now.

I made my hard disk too small so I created another one and then realized that I have no idea how to find out what the name for the disk is. 

Then I remembered -format lists the drives it can see. So:

root@openindiana:~# format -e
Searching for disks...done


AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS:
       0. c5t0d0 <VBOX-HARDDISK-1.0-36.00GB>
          /pci@0,0/pci8086,2829@d/disk@0,0
       1. c5t2d0 <VBOX-HARDDISK-1.0-32.00GB>
          /pci@0,0/pci8086,2829@d/disk@2,0
Specify disk (enter its number): ^C
root@openindiana:~#

So now I know I can add c5t2d0 to the end of a zpool create incantation.

As I say; hacky, but it works...


No comments:

automating zfs mounts -a quick and very dirty script

 #!/bin/sh for x in obj xsrc src pkgsrc pkgsrc/distfiles pkgsrc/packages pkg         do zfs create ext/$x zfs set mountpoint=/usr/$x ext/$x ...