Saturday, February 6, 2021

Note to future self, feb 2021

This blog post details a personal workflow experiment. This is for my own use only -if you found this entry because of google, whatever you should be aware that none of this is recommended. It's shit I'm trying for myself.

 

 This isn't super complicated, but you never know. 

As an experiment, I've archived /usr/pkg and for the sake of convience I've also archived /usr/local/src/cdesktopenv-code (?) and /usr/dt as well. 

The idea is to have cde and and installed NetBSD 9.1 pkg base handy I can restore, but without the rest of a VM. This is to side-step the hassle of reconfiguration. 

I can't get several packages to build on pkgsrc. These are harfbuzz and some -icu file I forget at the moment. 

I'll build what I can build and use pkgin to fill in the rest. E.G. when I build gtk3 and it bombs in fonts/harfbuzz then I'll pkgin harbuzz and resume the build. The idea being to have all the dependencies built myself and only use pkgin for those packages I can't figure out how to build. 

So I'm going to restore my pristine 9.1 install, fix the graphics with VBoxManage, build pkgin, configure it and then build what I can. 


No comments:

automating zfs mounts -a quick and very dirty script

 #!/bin/sh for x in obj xsrc src pkgsrc pkgsrc/distfiles pkgsrc/packages pkg         do zfs create ext/$x zfs set mountpoint=/usr/$x ext/$x ...